My name is Michelle Lutmer. This is my first year as a school counselor for Edison Elementary school. I feel very lucky to work at such an amazing school with wonderful teachers and staff. I have spent the majority of my professional career working with children and families in many different capacities. I love all of our students and truly want the best for each of them. I have a Master of Science degree in Psychology and am currently working on my Master of Education degree.
The Edison Elementary school counselor believes:
- All children are important and valuable.
- All children have unique and individual personal potential and are capable of achieving their potential if given appropriate opportunities.
- All children are entitled to be treated with dignity and respect.
- All children have the right to a safe, nurturing and encouraging learning environment which supports and enhances student achievement.
- All children’s differences and special needs should be acknowledged and respected.
The Edison Elementary school counselor:
- Will advocate for all students to have access to the resources and support necessary to be successful academically and socially.
- Will abide by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling as advocated by the American School Counselor Association
- Will participate in professional development activities essential to maintaining a quality school counseling program.
- Will address students’ personal/social and academic needs.
- Will regularly visit classes for lessons, work individually with kids, and run small groups in an attempt to maximize each child’s potential.